Featured

Georgia Power - Refund
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Georgia Power - Refund - Image 2

GA power added someone else bill to my account when they stopped paying it. I called to see what happened because they never notified me about another address.

They told me my info was compromised and I needed to do a fraud packet. They told me while doing this fraud packet I was protected at my address. I wasnt. They turned my power off at my address while waiting for the police report.

I paid them 210 the balance from the other account. Now they found me not responsible they wont give me my 210 back.! My next bill was 111 they left me with 26 of it after taking a return check fee and a reconnect fee thats about $85. I keep calling asking for my money.

They acting dumb.

I think its an inside job at this point. But I wont stop till my money is returned

Loss:
Cons:
  • Only gas service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: No. But we have no choice!

Colson Dtj
map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

I depend on my Georgia power to stay on till I get paid on Thursday. Thank you.

I Don't Get paid until Thursday at 6pm That's When My money hit my Account my Debit. Card # is 4737-02**-**136695 you Can Take Out 100.00 on My Light Bill Keep # On file 05/28

User's recommendation: 10

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Dahlonega, Georgia

I need to speak with To anyone that can help me find out where my $162 went that I sent you. I wanted to get on a plan where you pay one payment for the whole month but someone has stowed my money.

Georgia Power - I need to speak with To anyone that can help me find out where my $162 went that...
Georgia Power - I need to speak with To anyone that can help me find out where my $162... - Image 2
Georgia Power - I need to speak with To anyone that can help me find out where my $162... - Image 3

I looked up Georgia power number on Google dgo to find a real person that would answer the phone. I pushed my butt in that said George a power, And this company answered Track digital Sol Since they answered I thought they were George after I give them my information that he wanted to pay my bill because I had all my information with my name and account I paid it through them because I thought they were you.

The bill was paid then it was sent back a one request, Then George power sends me a letter saying that I did not pay my bill it was sent back and I owe them $30 late they plus the bill and I have not received no money to my bank where it was sent back. The account numbere is 512880****, number 585-638-**** the manager's name is Jack Williams .

User's recommendation: When you get on Georgia power make sure you get a phone number where someone will answer the phone.

Melissa G Ppk

Verified Reviewer

Building new home, cannot get anyone on the phone

Every time I've called them, the operators just blindly transfer me to random phone numbers that are not even representatives from GA Power. You're on hold for over an hour, and they get you off the line so quickly, without understanding what I need. I've never been this frustrated. Unfortunately, we have to use them. If I had any other option, I would not choose them and would give them a negative rating if possible.
Cons:
  • Cannot get anyone on the phone
  • Inadequate customer service

Preferred solution: Someone to help us with our request! We need power lines dug

User's recommendation: Don't expect any service from them unless you owe them money.

Rosa L Zsi

Missing payments

3 payments were nade on Saturday while i was away and upon returning home i discovered my services were disc 3 payments was made on Saturday from my checking account but never posted to my account and monies deducted from my bank all 3 payments were nade Saturday 5/11/24. My insulin is not acceptable for me and thats not fair. Please locate the 3 missing payments and apply to my account asap.im a senior citizen and i need to be treated better.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Happy all my missing payments to the account.

Bonnie S Euk

| map-marker Forest Park, Georgia

Utility assistance payment $400

Updated by user Apr 21, 2024

Everything is in process and hopefully this will be resolved before May 1st

Original review Apr 21, 2024
I was approved for utility payment assistance to Georgia Power February the 15th for $400 I have went up there to inquire about the money because nothing has been posted to my account I was told that it was refunded the program was refunded and that Georgia power should be receiving payment within 2 weeks I am so upset about this because my light bill is on the *** of being disconnected I tried to pay what I can afford to try to hold off this connection but this payment was due to post to my account long time ago and I would have had credit by now so I just wanted to inform Georgia power that I do have a pending assistant payment coming in the amount of $400 and I am working with the Clayton county utility assessment program it was approved on February 15th for $400

User's recommendation: Watch all your business to make sure everything is applied to what is owed to you

Guest

Oh Keisha.....Kevin Samuels was right. Winter is coming and you Keishas are done.

Get a better job, stop having kids and taking silly selfies, and pay your bills. You have two idiotic complaints.

The only common thing is a dusty brat like you. Do better..

Kiana H Zlt

Paid my deposit over a week ago & still NO SERVICE!!!

I paid my deposit over a week ago and i still dont have any service...???!! Last week, I spoke to an agent over the phone who told me I would need to email a copy of my State I.D.

, a copy of my social security card && a Selfie to leaseidgpc@***.com in order to get my service activated. I thought it was a bit strange for a utility company to ask for a "selfie" and a copy of my social security card in order to start a utility service. I've never had to do this in ANY other state I've lived in, but I sent the documents anyways since the apartment I'm moving to only uses GAPOWER so I dont have the option to go with a different electricity provider.

I waited 3 days for a response after I sent the required documents & paid the $150 deposit but I never received an update. I eventually called GAPOWER and asked why my service still hadnt been activated.

The last agent i spoke to said it would only take about 24hours after I paid my deposit. The agent I spoke to a few days ago said they received my deposit but not the email with the verification documents. The agent asked me to resend the documents while she was on the phone, which i did. The agent said I shouldve received a confirmation email from GAPOWER after I sent the documents to leaseidgpc@***.com .

I never got any confirmation email. I asked the agent if she could see any of the emails that I've sent & she said she doesnt even have access to the email address that she told me to send the required documents to! She said the team that reviews the verification documents are an entirely different department & she does not have a phone number or an extension for their department. Then why tell me to call this number if i have any issues starting my service if you cant even help me?!

I asked what was I supposed to do about getting my service activated since I still hadnt received an update almost a week after paying my deposit?? The agent had no real answers for me. She pretty much said it wasnt her problem!! I havent even moved yet but I'm already disgusted with this company.

If youre going to require that people you send you a ton of personal documents before activating their service, you might want to make sure that that email address is actually correct and accessible to the agents who are actually working directly with the customers. I shouldnt have to delay my move-in just because you people dont see an email that I already sent MULTIPLE times over a week ago!!

This is the only power company available in the metro atlanta area so you people need to get your technical issues in order! I should not have to suffer due to the incompetence of YOUR agents!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Billing practice and how they treat people

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT RECOMMEND

map-marker Cartersville, Georgia

Horrible service

Dear Georgia Power Customer Service,

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with the level of customer service I have received during my recent interactions with your company. In March I had a conversation with rude representative and requested a call back from a supervisor that I never received.

On April 12, 2024, between 2:00 PM and 2:15 PM, I contacted your customer service line with the intention of changing my service plan and inquiring about different budget options. Unfortunately, my experience was far from satisfactory.

The representative I spoke with, Tonya, exhibited an unprofessional and rude demeanor throughout our conversation. Not only did she speak to me in an irritated tone, but she also displayed a lack of patience and provided subpar assistance. Furthermore, the call was abruptly disconnected by Tonya, leaving my concerns unresolved and adding to my frustration.

As a valued customer, I expect to be treated with respect and courtesy at all times.

However, the behavior exhibited by Tonya was completely unacceptable and does not reflect the level of service I have come to expect from Georgia Power.

I kindly request that this matter be addressed promptly, and appropriate measures be taken to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future.

Additionally, I would appreciate being contacted by a supervisor to discuss my concerns further and to explore resolution options.

For your reference, my account number is 622841****. I hope that you will take this complaint seriously and take the necessary steps to improve the quality of customer service provided by your company.

I also request to discuss different billing options and budget options for my bill.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Jazmine Frazier

Devin J Gcg

Customer Service

I need to communicate with someone in customer service. The chat option is unavailable, therr isn't an email address. Currently been on hold 44 min 09 sec, message said up to 20 minutes.
Cons:
  • Customer support non existent
Zabre J

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Paid bill, still no power

I have put money on my account four times this morning and my power is still off. I'm at work. My children are at home with no lights. Please turn them back on as soon as possible.
Josh C Xuy

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

You took my new email but deny it.

You guys, congrats. You have the most excellent bot as your gatekeeper. There should be a human representative, eventually. Some things cannot be achieved for me as a senior citizen with your bot. Give me a code or something! And cards with bigger type.

User's recommendation: Great eyesight folks would be pleased, maybe. I know I am not the only senior that this effects.

Guest

"as a senior citizen" With the thought in my that no one CARES about your age, you'll understand that it's time for you and the other old coots to adapt to the tech or don't. The train isn't slowing down for you people...

JoAnn F Cnq

| map-marker Marietta, Georgia

Your customer service # is of no use to anyone. I never got to speak with a live person about my account...poor service if you ask me...if I could change my electric company service to another based on my location I would...Georgia Power is not a customer/people oriented company...interested in nothing but money.
shaton y

Without power now for 6 hours only me and the neighbor no trees or lines diwn no estimater

A storm came through; power went out at 4am. Only my neighbor and I are without power, with no repair estimate. It's been 6 hours now.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Power always going out

Preferred solution: My electric

User's recommendation: Buy a generator

Sanna Bls

| map-marker Augusta, Georgia

Customer Service

I recently failed to pay my power bill due to being on vacation. Shortly after got home the power was turned off. Initially I didnt know what happened. I thought maybe a power outage. I called Ga Power but was unable to get a person. I realized after a few attempts that my telephone number had been blocked by them. I asked to use a friends phone to contact the same number and was able to speak to someone. I thought this collection tactic was rude and unprofessional.I felt like I had recieved a slap in the face by Ga Power. It totally changed how I see the company and not for the better.

User's recommendation: If you experience a loss of power at your home and can not get through to a customer service rep. Check to make sure you paid your bill. They block you our number so you can’t speak with them. Use someone else’s phone to call and you will get through. Feelsleaslaoin the face while also bro g counter productive.

Wallace H Pia

Turn services back on

My name is Wallace Houston and I reaching out because I was wondering how my services were disconnected when I payed my bill through Bill Matrix

Preferred solution: My service reconnected

Rodney L Zbg

Remove flat bill

Hi, I have been calling your office but no one is picking up the phone. I would like to request to remove me from flat bill service.I opted to pay per usage. Please inform me once Flat bill is removed thru email or SMS mobile 404-844-****. Thank you Rodney Lupo
Vedant Sdq

Verified Reviewer

No one answers the phone and the robotic “customer service” is 0% reliable.

I need to speak to an actual human representative and they dont even have an option to do that. It just cycles through the menu options over and over again, and when you speak to respond it just goes Im sorry, I didnt catch that. Very very frustrating, especially when you dont have any power. Lets hope I never have any issues with my power again because they do not even TRY to resolve your issue or keep you updated.

Preferred solution: An actual human representative to help me

User's recommendation: Service itself is fine, just pray you never need to speak to anyone because you won’t

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article