I have been in my 2 bed apartment for 6 months now (dec to june) and my bill suddenly went up from May 2018 by nearly 150%.

The first problem with this is that according to the website, rates do not go up until June.

Secondly, I was out of town for most of May, between 14th - 18th and 24th to 27th so how my usage had doubled in mystifying.

Thirdly, the rates are only supposed to go up after the first 650kWh has been used but my daily rate even from day one has been more than double. Finally, I had called early yesterday to bring up this issue and was advised to turn my air thermostat to 78 degree which I did, and at the end of the day my bill was just the same as it was when I had it on 70 degrees.

To worsen this whole experience, every time I call to get an explanation their customer service gets into an argument with me. Going back and forth or sending me articles on how to save energy without trying to understand my peculiar situation.

I have paid every bill on time and nobody would even offer me an explanation. I'm just supposed to shut up and pay whatever bill I am given.

THIS HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Deceptive billing practises, Employees.

Comments

AC uses 50% or more of your monthly bill. If you had thermostat on 70 during the hot weather of May, The company says you use about 3% more for each degree below 78 (assuming your home is well insulated).

it didn't matter that you weren't there. The AC kept running more & more as the outside temp. went up.

AC only cools about 20 deg. below outside, so if temp was 85 or 90 out, it likely ran most of the day.